2008年2月13日 星期三

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

mov


The above photo was taken from: http://hk.movies.yahoo.com/071118/214/2jrsn.html


Well, I just went to watch this bloody film directed by Tim Burton with my good friend and astonishingly found that it's a Category 3 film.  Johnny Depp was awarded the best actor of Golden Globe and was nominated as the best actor in Oscar.  I do think Mr Depp is a real marvellous and magnificent actor in this film. 


The music is wonderful as most of the actors and actresses are good singers.  The violent scenes are really shocking to me and most of the time, I would cover my eyes. It is a thriller and at the same time, a musical. 


The plot is quite simple.  It is set in London.  Mr Wheeney Todd takes revenge on the evil judge Turpin who imprisoned him when he was young.  At that time, this judge tries to to take his beautiful wife but he can only keep their daughter, Joanna.  Mr Todd does so by killing all the people while he is shaving them.  What's more, he will throw the dead bodies downstairs to let Mrs Lovett make "meat pies".  Numerous people at London try these pies and find that they are very tasty. 


The ending is a sad one and I do appreciate Mr Johnny Depp's efforts on playing the role of Wheeney Todd and he does have the charisma to be a bloody and evil barber. 


 


沒有留言:

張貼留言