2007年11月29日 星期四

Facebook

I joined the Facebook for almost 3 months.  At the beginning, I just thought this is another "Hi5" thing.  Later, I find that the most interesting part of it is the "search" function.  By using this function, you can keep in touch with some old friends who might have known you for ages!!


Actually, I did not use this function but I was "added" by numerous people through my hotmail account.  I got in touch with lots of "friends" such as my primary and secondary classmates, my university classmates, some brothers and sisters of my previous church, some of my friends and coursemates from the UK and even my Jazz dance teacher!!  Of course I was also invited by my family members!  Last but not least, I was invited by someone I don't know. If so, I will ask the "common friends" who they are!  If I can't find out their identity, I might "ignore" them.


Using the Facebook also has other advantages.  First, you can write on your friends' "Wall", "Funwall" or "Super Wall".  Once I got a pretty funny video and a friendly message from my friends,  I would just send them to the others immediately so that I can share the fun with them.  You can get a prompt response using this function.


Second, you can also send some wonderful gifts to your friends and family members to show your love for them like an ice-cream in the hot weather or a cup of tea when it's getting cooler.  I was also hugged, blessed, being waved at or even kissed by my friends! 


Besides, there are different applications for you to play with your friends like Superlatives, Rock Paper Scissors, Vampires, Zombies, My Room and so on.... you name it. 


Being an introvert who has a taciturn character like me, I still enjoy using the "message" function.  It's more like an email or yahoo messenger and I can chat with them on something more personal or tell them what happened to me recently. 


Well, I am not sure if this "Facebook" trend can last for how long, I will keep using it to contact all my old friends at least for the present moment.  Who knows what other new ideas might come up in the near future!  Anyway, I think the one who created the Facebook must be a smart person!


2 則留言:

  1. 之前有幾個朋友邀請我也沒有 join, 看來它真的有很多好處, 不過我真的很怕新科技!
    有空應該會試試吧!
    [版主回覆12/02/2007 00:21:00]Tweety,你不妨試一試﹗可能你會有意想不到的收穫﹗就是找到很多老朋友。

    回覆刪除
  2. I also have facebook! :) What's your login name?
    [版主回覆12/13/2007 23:07:00]hihi!!  Of course my hotmail account!!  Add me please!!

    回覆刪除