2008年10月26日 星期日

Falling Leaves

Wow! I have been very very busy!  Of course with my school work as well as my dancing practice!  At the same time, I still keep reading books as this is my favourite hobby!


I just finished reading a book called "Falling Leaves" written by Adeline Yen Mah last month.  I must read the whole book as I broke a piece of wood last time during the day camp and on which was written this as my goal: I have to finish reading "Falling Leaves" by October this year.  So, I succeeded!  Haha! 


I first read another book which is more famous than this one called "Chinese Cinderella".  "Falling Leaves" is a sequel to this book.  It is just like an autobiography of Adeline.  She was born into a rich family in the mainland China.  Right after she was born, her mother died and that's why she was labelled as an unlucky girl.  She went through different ages through the history like the WWII and Cultural Revolution. 


Though she was treated badly by her step-mother, brothers and sisters, she persevered until the end. She pursued her studies in the UK and became a doctor.  Later, she even went to America.  I was really touched by her life as she was such a tough person.  She never gave up on anything.  Even she failed in her first marriage and gave birth to a son, she could still found her true love, Bob, till the end of her story. 


I cried when I read until the last part of the story.  Though she could get nothing from her step-mother's will, she found that her father's original intention was to include her as a part of his family.  Her father recognised her and was proud of her.  I was really touched.  Also, from her story, I found that Aunt Baba was a person of integrity and Adeline would surely remember the time when she looked after her.  We should treasure all the things done by our family members like our parents, siblings and our loved ones!! 


I think Adeline is a real good author as her style of writing is so fine and elegant.  I will surely recommend this book to my friends and students!!


11 則留言:

  1. I also read this book beofre. I love it soo much!!! Last time she came to Hong Kong.
    [版主回覆10/27/2008 22:32:00]Oh!  Really??  You saw her before!  Lucky you!!

    回覆刪除
  2. 好利害呀﹗坐言起行,好乖呀﹗
    [版主回覆10/27/2008 22:55:00]
    哈哈﹗謝謝你的讚賞﹗這兩本書真是值得一讀﹗

    回覆刪除
  3.    一個很正面及帶鼓勵性的愛的故事!
    [版主回覆10/27/2008 22:58:00]
    你好嗎﹖ 對啊﹗真是很感人的故事﹗不﹐ 是真人真事﹗肯定比連續劇好看﹗

    回覆刪除
  4. 這兩本書一直都放在我的reading list 之中的。但見你如此推介,我必定會將次序改改,先看你這兩本。真好,你多寫這類文章,我都好喜歡看書評的。每天不看書,人便自覺蠢起來。
    [版主回覆10/27/2008 23:02:00]
    好啊﹗我也很喜歡寫書評﹐我們真是很投緣﹐ 對嗎﹖哈哈﹗
    我現在看一本很好的工具書﹐書名是“易構”﹗我看完後再與你分享吧﹗
    你也是愛書之人﹐最近看什麼書啊﹖

    回覆刪除

  5. 感謝各方好友的留言和回應﹗我真的很感動啊﹗謝謝你們﹗

    回覆刪除
  6. Also now I read a very meaningful book., may shall with you later. Hey you intested in Nick's contect? which about a man who lost his arm and legs.
    [版主回覆10/30/2008 15:28:00]I see, yes, he will come to HK in November and share his testimony with us!  but I haven't read his books!

    回覆刪除
  7. i like reading too, let me try to read the book recommended from you.
    [版主回覆10/30/2008 15:29:00]Yes, this is an interesting book!  Try to read it if you have time!
    Hope you can come back soon!

    回覆刪除
  8. Will you go for the testimony ? 24th nov
    [版主回覆10/31/2008 14:40:00]I am not sure! and will you attend it??

    回覆刪除
  9. yes I will attend
    [版主回覆11/02/2008 19:15:00]I see, I am not sure if I will attend it. If I can bring my friends there, I will surely go there!

    回覆刪除
  10. or we can go together la
    [版主回覆11/04/2008 16:58:00]Thx for your invitation but I am afraid I might not be free that day!  Sorry about that!  I think it must be a good gathering for everyone!!

    回覆刪除
  11. sure u can la, just buy a ticket

    回覆刪除