2012年3月2日 星期五

Watoto

Watoto




I went to a concert at CUHK on 29/2/2012.  I was so impressed by the children of Uganda, Africa.  The choir brought tens of kids from Watoto, meaning children, to Asia for holding Watoto concerts.  I was touched by their truthfulness and sincerity.  They delivered their testimonies one by one in between different hymns.  They sang and danced for about an hour.  Towards the end of the concert, they even sang a Mandarin song called 我們愛, 讓世界不一樣!!  I nearly burst into tears as I have been playing this song for a few weeks in preparation for the kids' worship this coming Sunday.  I sang with them and I could feel their heart for the Lord.   Though they are not Chinese-speaking people, they still can learn to sing a Mandarin song. 

Several kids delivered their testimonies and most of them suffer from pain, hunger and sickness.  Most of their parents died because of diseases like AIDS and wars,  Many of them are orphans but the Lord does not leave or forsake them.  Through Watoto, they are given a new life and a new family.  Some widowed mothers take care of about 8 kids in each house in the kids village.  The children are being taken care of and they have a mother of their own and can eat well.  They can be educated as well.  All of them have different ambitions like to be doctors, pilots and lawyers. 

I bought a nice container and a bracelet after attending the concert!

Lord, bless these children!  You love them all!  Thank you!

沒有留言:

張貼留言