2011年2月20日 星期日

Films

Well, I am a big fan of an actor.........  Do you know who he is???


He is Leonardo DiCaprio! Of course I started watching his films long time ago like Titanic and Romeo and Juliet. 


Shutter Island


I love the story so much.  It is so gripping, enthralling and mysterious.  A marshall called Teddy went to an island with Chuck to investigate the missing of Rachel Solando.  At the same time, he has several dreams of his wife telling him to look for a prisoner called Andrew Laeddis.  At the end, Teddy is actually Andrew Laeddis and he is undergoing a therapy organised by Dr Cawley and Dr Sheehan.  Also, the truth is, his wife drowns their kids in the lake and he kills his wife as well. 


Many of the scenes are well directed like the encounters of Andrew and his wife, the scenes of the dead bodies of WWII and his fantasy of his meeting with Rachel in the cave.  I think Teddy is a man of integrity as he tries to look for his missing friend, Chuck, by going to the lighthouse. 


As for the ending, Andrew remembers all his deeds but he still wants to take the operation by admitting that he is Teddy again, not Andrew.  He asks Chuck whether it is worse to live as a monster or die as a good man. 


Inception


Do you remember your dreams?  Have you ever dreamed that you are dreaming?  Do you have any secrets to look for in your dreams? Can you control your dreams?  Do you know that you are dreaming in your dreams? I have never thought of dreams of different levels. It is such an exciting and stimulating idea to me!


As our dreams show our subconscious mind like our fears and our hopes. It is something very mystic to me.  Once I tried to tell myself to do whatever I want if I knew that I was dreaming.  I succeeded!   They also show if we are under pressure or not.  If you are chased by the others in your dreams, you might be under great stress.  I often dreamed that I was late for work!  Poor me.


It is an amazing sci-fic film directed by Christopher Nolan (the director of The Dark Knight).  I like the part where the girl receives training on how to construct her dreams.  The different areas and streets and people can be moved freely in her dreams.  It requires lots of our imagination. 


Also, in some of the dreams, there is zero gravity and they do not follow the law of physics.  As for the ending, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish whether you are dreaming or you are awake!


DiCaprio did a great job in these two films and I look forward to his great films in the future!


沒有留言:

張貼留言