2010年3月1日 星期一

The Princess and the Frog

This is another Walt Disney animated musical called "The Princess and the Frog" directed by John Muskers and Don Clements.



Taken from:  http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/CMTVMore/PrincessAndFrog/PrincessAndFrogWallpaper1280x1024.htm


I went to Festival Walk to see this movie with my sister and her sons (Big and Small B) last week.  At the beginning, I thought it would be something boring for the kids only but later I found that it is a real creative story.  Though we can easily guess what the ending turns out to be before watching it, the storyline provides several twists like the main character, Prince Naveen does not change to be human after mistakenly kissing Tiana and at the same time, Tiana is transformed to be a frog. 


The friendship between the two frogs, the musician alligator and the romantic firefly is also very touching.  Towards the end of the story, the Cajun firefly dies as it tries to save his friends.  He became a star beside his loved one, Evangeline. 


The difference between a need and a want is described in the story too.  Tiana wants to open a new restaurant called Tiana's Place to fulfil her father's last wish.  She works very hard day after day to earn enough money.  At the end, she marries the prince and launches a new restaurant. 


I do not like "frogs" but after watching this animated film, I find that the frog Tiana is drawn in a lovely way and I can never imagine a frog to be so gentle and decent.  It changes the image of frogs in my mind. 


I love the songs too.  The first one is "Never Knew I Needed"



The second one is "Almost There".


 


沒有留言:

張貼留言